What we lack in hair, we make up in personality!!
The Kitten/Cat is sold current on all age appropriate vaccinations, de-wormings, is freshly bathed, has nails clipped, ears cleaned, and TICA registration papers; Breeder is available throughout the lifetime of Kitten/Cat to answer questions, help with concerns and to give sound advice.
Breeder will hold Kitten(s)/Cat(s) of Purchaser’s choice once a non-refundable deposit is made to Breeder; deposit will be applied towards purchase price. In the event that the Kitten(s)/Cat(s) of Purchaser’s choice dies while in the care of the Breeder, Breeder will replace with Kitten(s)/Cat(s) of comparable quality/value at the discretion of the Breeder from the first applicable litter Breeder has available. Breeder reserves the right to take up to 24 months to replace the Kitten/Cat provided the Breeder is still actively breeding. (No Monies Refundable)
Kitten/Cat is guaranteed to be of sound health for up to 48 hours from the time of purchase or arrival. Kitten/Cat may not be returned due to illness once health guarantee period has lapsed. Health guarantee will be void if kitten is transported in the luggage compartement of an airplane. Within the 48 hour health guarantee period Kitten/Cat should be quarantined until examined by the Purchaser’s licensed veterinarian. If upon examination Kitten/Cat is diagnosed with a life-threatening illness it is required that the Breeder is notified immediately by Purchaser via both phone and email along with a written letter and phone consult from the diagnosing veterinarian. DNA analysis may be required. Kitten/Cat shall be replaced at the Breeder’s discretion less the shipping cost; Breeder reserves the right to take up to 24 months to replace the Kitten/Cat provided Breeder is still actively breeding. (No Monies Refundable).
Kitten/Cat is guaranteed against life threatening congenital defects until 3 years of age. Should it die within the guaranteed time period as the result of a life threatening congenital defect, said Kitten/Cat will be replaced if an appropriate necropsy is performed and a vet’s certificate is provided along with cause of death explaining the death was from was congenital defect and a photo of deceased Kitten/Cat. DNA analysis may be required as well and all registration papers are to be returned to Breeder. A Replacement Kitten/Cat of comparable quality and value will be provided at the discretion of the Breeder; Breeder reserves the right to take up to 24 months to replace the Kitten/Cat provided Breeder is still actively breeding. (No Monies Refundable)
The following guidelines are applicable to ALL Kittens/Cats from Kenai River Sphynx Cattery
Purchaser agrees to the following the basic needs /care instructions of Kitten/Cat:
· Purchaser agrees to provide timely veterinary care for any illness or injury acquired throughout the lifetime of Kitten/Cat.
· Purchaser agrees to provide a good and healthy environment for Kitten/Cat, toys for stimulation, heating pad to keep warm on if Kitten/Cat so desires, scratching posts and frequent positive interaction with its owners.
· Kitten shall never be de-clawed. Soft Claws can be used to keep the cat from unwanted scratching and/or destruction of furniture. Your kitten will go home with a set of soft claws and an extra set to start.
· Kitten shall not be altered by tattooing or piercings at any time.
· Sphynx can become oily. Regular bathing is necessary to control this and keep their skin healthy. I recommend bathing once a week or a minimum of once every two weeks. I use Noodle and Boo Tear Free Shampoo, which is safe on the head as well. You can also mix with a bit of Dawn dish soap to help remove oily buildup. Avoid using Dawn on the kitten's head.
· Blackhead/ pimples can occur on the kitten/cat’s chin and on the tail. Stridex™ sensitive skin soft touch pads help to reduce Blackhead/ pimples if the develop. The use of stainless steel or glass food/water bowls can also mitigate this.
· Kitten/Cat will get oil build up around their nails and in their ears which easily wipes off. After bathing it is recommended that you use a pet-safe cleansing ear wipe to gently clean the ears and nails. Petco carries a brand specifically for use in cats. Please note, Heavy wax is common in the ears of sphynx due to their lack of hair. Many vets have mistaken the oil build up for ear mites and will treat unnecessarily if they are not familiar with the Sphynx breed. If your veterinarian says your kitten/cat has ear mites, please ask that He/She look at a wax sample under the microscope to confirm the presence of ear mites before treatment is started.
· Clean the ears often to avoid yeast infections, once a week is preferable.
· Provide a clean litter box to avoid inappropriate marking or defecation. Box should be scooped at least once per day and completely dumped and sanitized at least twice per month.
· Quality raw diet or canned food should be given and fresh clean water provided at all times. Sphynx have a higher metabolism than other breeds so they need a food high in protein. I feed my cats a homemade raw diet. You will be provided proper instructions if you are interested in continuing the raw diet (there are many health and litter box benefits.) I also feed a good quality wet kitten food with no fillers including grains, potatoes, fruit or vegitables. Dry Kibble is NOT RECOMMENDED and should never be fed. Please read the information about proper nutrition on the "Feeding Raw" tab.
If If you choose to do a raw diet, proper care must be taken to ensure that the food is not left at room temperature for over 20 minutes as bacterial growth can begin which can make your cat/kitten ill.
Proper care should be taken to avoid plaque build up on your sphynx's teeth. You can provide raw chicken chunks as a snack which will help them keep their teeth clean and jaws healthy. You should also brush your cat's teeth once a week and schedule dental cleanings with your vet as needed.
Sphynx have a higher incidence of heart related disease including HCM. While we take every currently available precaution to reduce the risk of HCM in our kittens, there is no guarantee that your kitten will not develop it later in life. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HAVING YOUR KITTEN SCANNED FOR HCM ONCE A YEAR AFTER THE AGE OF ONE. An echocardiogram is the only diagnostic testing currently available to diagnose a sphynx cat with HCM. There is curently no genetic testing available in the sphynx breed. The echocardiogram must be completed by a board certified cardiologist. If caught at the earliest stages, there are medications that your cat can be given to help prolong their life. There is no cure for HCM.
Kitten/Cat will not at any time be allowed outside, unless properly supervised at all times and provided with proper skin protection. Sphynx are susceptable to temperature fluctuations and can become ill or die from exposure to the elements very quickly. Sphynx cat burn very quickly in the sun or in cloudy conditions. Care must be taken to insure that they are in a shaded area at all times or have a UV blocking had and shirt to protect their skin. Zinc is highly toxic to cats, use of sunscreen, even those for babies or dogs is not recommended. If your sphynx gets burned, at no time should aloe vera be used in any capacity. Aloe is toxic to cats.
The following terms are applicable to ALL Kittens/Cats from Kenai River Sphynx Cattery
Purchaser agrees to inform seller upon any change in contact information, within 90 days, so Breeder can maintain compliance with record keeping.
The Purchaser agrees that the Kitten/Cat will NEVER be sold, given away, donated, etc. to any other persons including, but not limited to a pet shop, breeder/cattery, research laboratory, rescue group, shelter or similar entity. In the event the Purchaser can no longer keep Kitten/Cat, regardless of the age of the Kitten/Cat, the Breeder must be notified immediately by both phone and email then arrangements will be made for the Kitten/Cat will be surrendered to Breeder, no exceptions; Transfer of the cat to a family member is also grounds for breach of contract. If cat is surrendered to Breeder, Breeder will not refund any of the purchase price of the kitten back to the Purchaser. If shipping is necessary to return the Kitten/Cat back to Breeder, the Purchaser will be responsible for all related shipping expense, unless agreed upon in writing by the breeder.
Breeder does not give the breeding rights to purchaser of this kitten. Kitten will be spayed/neutered before going home with purchaser. There are no exceptions to this rule. Kitten will be no less than 12 weeks old and possibly older, if determined appropriate by Breeder, before going home with purchaser.
I acknowledge that I have read the Breeder’s contract and understand the contents contained in this document. I understand that this is a binding contract for the purchase of a pure bred Sphynx kitten and the $500.00 deposit and $100.00 reservation fees are non-refundable once they are paid. I acknowledge that I will abide by the agreements and terms as contained in this contract and will notify the Breeder if my contact information changes or I am unable to keep the kitten at any time during its lifetime.
Copyright 2012 Kenai River Sphynx Cattery. All rights reserved.